Material Changes

Appeal My Rates UK

What is a material change?

It is basically anything that happens to your property or your locality that affects the normal use or enjoyment of your property. It could be that you have been flooded due to a river bank failing or that there are major construction or roadwork projects underway that affect your access, the access of your customers or your everyday enjoyment of the property.

How do you make a claim?

A proposal must be submitted to the VOA via the check challenge portal, and it is always best to appoint an expert to do this kind of claim for you as it is far more complex a process than a standard valuation challenge. Reductions in rates payable can be generous though so it is worth calling us to see if you have a case.

What is the process?

If you contact us regarding a claim we will firstly gather evidence to establish if it is a good case. If all is well, we will propose a fee to you and once instructed we will prepare a proposal to the VOA. This would normally involve a site survey. The process can take many months but if the proposal is approved it would be backdated to the date the actual split occurred.

What are your fees?

Our fees will be based on savings in rates payable and we may charge an instruction fee.

Get in Touch